Wednesday, September 10, 2008

yIKEs

We've dodged the bullet several times here in the Houston/Galveston area - but it looks like we're going to be feeling the effects of Ike whether we take a direct hit or it stays on its more southerly track to Corpus Christie. Right now it's all up in the air, depending on what the high pressure system that is steering it does. Regardless, we're preparing here in the Bay Area. We're stocked up on hurricane supplies here at the Bubba's Sis house, and ready to ride it out (no plans to evacuate at this time). School has been canceled on Friday, so we'll have all day to sit and wait on it. I'm sure the kids will be climbing the walls by sundown.

Will keep you all posted!
**Update - School has been cancelled tomorrow, too, and the track has moved closer to us. Watching and waiting.....

12 comments:

cjm said...

Hmm, so they cancelled school for Friday. I'm still not sure what I'm doing and I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow. I think I'll be able to do that. It's the flying back home on Saturday that I don't think will happen...

Unknown said...

Be careful. Glad you are prepared!!!



We are having a book give away at my blog (Random Thoughts), you have until 10pm tonight to leave a comment and enter

D... said...

Well, I was right. But, at least I have enough luck that things will happen BEFORE D goes out of town. Hopefully all we get is rain.

kris said...

now I'm hearing school is out Thurs too... like I need to be tripping over DS while lugging crap upstairs!! LOL kidding, stay safe!
kris

PMKU said...

My sons b-day is Friday and his party is Saturday. Perfect! There is going to be one sad boy around here.

Forgetfulone said...

No school Thursday or Friday. Watch and wait, watch and wait.

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

Ike seems to be as unstable as when he and Tina were married. Stay safe!!

kris said...

hey we're all having to leave now... be safe and check in after the storm!
kris

Phone Photo Project by Kim said...

Well I am in Montgomery...on Lake Conroe!!! I hope you stay safe. I didn't realize we lived relatively close!

Anonymous said...

Y'all are in my prayers.

Groovewoman said...

We are in the DFW area and are praying for all of you Houston/Galveston people! We have a lot of friend in Houston & praying for safety for EVERYONE!

jennyonthespot said...

Ha! That is one clever title!