Friday, September 12, 2008

Why I should never say "never"......

We've decided to leave - the storm surge is coming up so fast already, and we're too close to the water for comfort. We're headed to Bubba's house for a couple of days.....

6 comments:

D... said...

I think you made the right decision. So glad ya'll are leaving. Never thought I'd say that! ;)

Praying without ceasing for all of our safety...

TexasTanya said...

Ditto to D's comment. I would be worried about you.

Stay safe.

Well Behaved Krissy said...

smart girl! I'm glad you're leaving.

Jenny 865-53oh9 said...

Holding my breath tonight for all of you guys!

forgetfulone said...

Yea, me, too. I'm in Corpus Christi. There was no way we were heading north with all of those... people! LOL Seriously, it's more a vacation than an evacuation. The two reasons we left are = power outages, which are inevitable, and my husband has been needing an excuse to get away for a weekend for a few months. We're in a safe, dry hotel room, and it's not even raining here. We're watching the news, and Seabrook is already getting some of the storm surge. I really wanted to stay, but like I said, he hates not having AC, and he wanted to go somewhere, anywhere, for any reason! When we go back, I may go to my mom's in Humble if we don't have power and she does, or to my sister's out in Katy. Take care and stay safe.

crazy working mom said...

I was wondering about you guys! Take care and I hope all is well when you return.