Thursday, July 26, 2007

Why did it have to be a snake??

So I get up this morning and it is thundering and raining (AGAIN!). I opened the back door so maybe the dogs could tiptoe outside and do their business, but just as I opened the door something came wriggling in! A SNAKE!!! Naturally, I freaked out. Using a paper towel to protect myself from its venomous fangs, I picked him up and put him in a Ragu jar (no, I don't make my own spaghetti sauce, and yes, I save the jars). I wanted the family to see him before I.....well.....I haven't decided what to do with him yet. We threw some grass in the jar with him and I decided I had to take a picture. But he just lay still in the grass, all coiled up and hissing (name that song!). So I dumped him into a Corning Ware dish. As you can see from this picture, he's huge:

And here's a close up shot of him - scary, isn't it? His tongue flickers in and out. It gives me the willies.


After I took these pics and came to put them on the computer, I went back to check on Mr. Anaconda. He had ESCAPED the confines of the Corning Ware and was slithering across the floor towards my back door! I had to freak out again. Back into the jar he went! I'll show him to Hubby when he gets home tonight, then we'll probably take him to the pond around the corner and let him go. I still get the willies every time I look at him, but I think that now I can officially consider myself a Snake Wrangler.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! He's so cute. Deadly, but cute :)

As for the lyric, is it from REO Speedwagon?

Barb said...

Oh My Gosh!!! You're lucky he didn't kill you! :)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

REO Speedwagon is right, Julie! You win the prize! The prize is....the snake!

Just kidding. I'm letting him go.

Anonymous said...

*Gasp* I HATE snakes!

Patois42 said...

Dang, but I so very, very, very, very much hate snakes. Even little ones who dwell in Corningware.

Stacey said...

B/S I don't know how I overlooked this post--but sure glad I did. I'd have been running running running down there to save you. Yes I would do that! Very glad you weren't asphyxiated had it wrapped itself around your pinky finger and stuff. xoxo

Eddie said...

Are you sure that's not just a worm? ;-)

StaceyG said...

I love that REO song! I can't believe you survived!!! How terrifying!