Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ten Favorite Movies From My Childhood

My Ten on Tuesday list this week was a tough one - before I knew it I had 15 or so movies listed!! But then I realized that some of them were more from my teenage years than my childhood, so I pared it back to these Ten Favorite Movies From My Childhood......I included my age at the time the movie was released in parentheses:

1. Benji (5 years old)

2. Grease (8 years old)

3. Saturday Night Fever (8 years old)

4. Xanadu (10 years old)

5. Scavenger Hunt (10 years old) - no one probably remembers this movie but I do and it was hilarious!

6. Urban Cowboy (10 years old)

7. Caddyshack (10 years old)

8. Flashdance (13 years old)

9. Footloose (14 years old)

10. Ghostbusters (14 years old)
There are more.....but it is TEN on Tuesday so I will stop there. Because if I included All of Me (14 years old) that would be eleven......and Dirty Dancing and Top Gun really were more teenage movies - like my senior year in high school when I certainly was no longer a child! So I'll stick with those ten. Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I'm with you on the John Travolta movies. He was my first Movie Star crush. Donny Osmond was my 1st crush, period. I don't think I've ever even heard of Scavenger Hunt. And I've never seen Xanadu or Caddyshack, altho I have heard of them.

Stacey said...

Excellent list! Excellent! (although I don't remember S/H, you're right). If I had to do a favorite...it'd be a completel tossup between Footloose and Grease. No WAY can I pick!

Now....you need to get new glasses, go back and re-read my tag post again, B/S. HOW could you miss that???? xoxo

Melissa said...

I love John Travolta too, but because I'm younger I get made fun of for it! Guess I was supposed to pick someone like Brad Pitt with his greasy long hair or something in my teen years... blah!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how memories come back! I remembered things that I haven't thought about in years!

I'd forgotten about Benji! Another great flick!

Misty DawnS said...

Benji - Yay! I loved Benji and Lassie (what a surprise). I also loved Footloose and Flashdance. In fact, we just watched Flashdance the other night! Some of these are classics in my book!

I've never seen or heard of Scavenger Hunt or Xanadu either.

cjm said...

Ah, yes, John Travolta. He was good then and good now in my opinion. I think perhaps you had a thing for him given how many of his movies are on here.

Tawnya Shields said...

Most of those were my favorites. What good memories. :o)

Anonymous said...

Great movies in your list! I think we are the same age, but I don't remember Scavenger Hunt. I'll have to look it up on IMDB.

Man, I loved me some John Travolta back in the day. Still do. I can't wait to see him in Hairspray.

Barb said...

I love all those movies! Except Scavenger Hunt.. you were right about that.. I haven't heard of it. :)

Patois42 said...

I love your list. But I really never heard of Scavenger Hunt. Off to find out more!