Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Rising Star

As you may have read over at USO Girl's blog, Talented Daughter and her Equally Talented BFF have been attending a Summer Drama Camp at a local community theater - it lasts for 4 weeks and their production will be "The Little Mermaid". They had to audition for parts - singing and reading - and while neither girl cared in particular which part they got, they just wanted an actual part and not just "Fish 2" or something like that. Today the cast was announced - four casts, actually, since there are 40 kids there - and Talented Daughter got the role of.......



Yes! Ariel! The lead! Her BFF was also cast as Ariel (in another cast) - so they can rehearse together and get their lines and blocking just right!

We are so proud of them! Way to go, girls! Have a great time Under the Sea!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is *perfect* for Ariel! Why, she looks just like her too. ;)

Proud Mamas indeed!!! I can NOT wait to see them in action.

Barb said...

That's wonderful :)

Misty DawnS said...

Congratulations to both of them! That is fabulous! I bet you guys are so proud of them!

Bubba's Mom said...

Way to go Chandler! I always knew you were born to be a star! Nanas know these things.

The Owners said...

That's awesome. They must be so excited.

Back in school, during plays, I would long to get a lead role, but when I did, I was so stressed up until the actual night. Being fish no. 2 would have probably been better for my mental status :)

cjm said...

Congrats! And I seriously love that picture.

Kim said...

How did I miss this post??? They must be amazing girls! Wish we could all see it.

Way to go!

Congrats!

Tell them to break a leg.