Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ten Things To Do Before I Die

While composing this week's Ten on Tuesday list, Tim McGraw's song Live Like You Were Dying kept running thru my mind. Here's my list of things to do before I die.....
  1. I know this will be on a lot of people's lists, but I really want to swim with dolphins - I have swam with stingrays in Grand Cayman and it was incredible! Now I want to swim with dolphins. I know there are several places in the Caribbean where you can do this, and the next time we go on a cruise I will likely check them out. But I really want to go to Discovery Cove. It's pricey, but it looks oh so awesome!
  2. See my children grow up, hopefully graduate from college, and have happy, successful lives
  3. Be a grandmother
  4. Overcome my fear of flying so that I can travel and see more places (like Las Vegas!)
  5. Take Drew Bear to Disney World
  6. Be debt-free
  7. Own my dream house
  8. See the Astros win the World Series!
  9. Celebrate my golden wedding anniversary (50 years!)
  10. Learn sign language

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I have no doubt that you'll accomplish most, if not all, those things. On some of them, you just have to put your mind to it! Muah!

StaceyG said...

I was gonna suggest Discovery Cove, but you already know. It looks awesome!!

cjm said...

Oooh, good list. And you've been such a diligent poster lately that I haven't been able to keep up.

Stacey said...

Your dream home is LOVELY! Keep dreaming about all the grandchildren and all the fun you will have on that porch, it'll just fall into place.

Yeah, four hours, don't think you'd wanna make a day out of driving for the pittance you'd receive typing, lol. But....if you're seriously interested, find a direct marketing firm in your town and see if the have Home Operations...they very well may! xo

Katie Lady said...

For No. 5 to happen, you better get to working on No. 4.

Crazy Working Mom said...

What an awesome list! Best of luck on accomplishing those. :)

Stacey said...

B/S, I think my #8 (move my dad to another site & put up moved sign) is kinda sorta not self-less, I would do that just to TICK her off!!

I, my friend, consider you a blessing in my blogland world as well. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ah, the victorian home is beautiful. You can't find homes with character anymore...they are all cookie cutter houses. I used to love my grandparents neighborhood because each house was custom built...the diversity was absolutely beautiful.

Happy Tuesday!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Katie Lady, I'm flying to Disney in November, so I'm on my way to conquering that fear!

Patois42 said...

I love the list. You can do it all. (Well, maybe not the Astros, but you can't have everything!)

coastie bro said...

i like the fact you want to learn sign language. that totally rocks. if only everyone knew how to sign then hopefully there will be less noise in the world.

Anonymous said...

Swimming with dolphins is popular :) Ah, who can blame us? Aren't they the cutest?

BTW, I'm totally jealous of the fact that you're going to Disney. It is my most favorite place on earth! You will have an awesome time there.

Happy 4th to you and your family!!!!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Julie - this will be our family's 6th trip - our 2nd this year! - but we have a blast every time we go! I can't wait to bring my nephew when he gets old enough!

This is, however, our first time to FLY to Disney. Pray for me!