Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ten Ways the World Has Changed Since I've Been in School

After a short hiatus from Ten on Tuesday, I'm back in the game! This week's topic really got me thinking. I graduated from high school in 1987 -how is the world different now than it was 21 years ago?
  1. Internet
  2. AIDS awareness
  3. cell phones
  4. digital technology
  5. Olympic games now played every other year, alternating winter and summer games (they used to play them both in the same year every four years)
  6. International Space Station
  7. Mars landing
  8. terrorism on U.S. soil
  9. alternative fuel vehicles
  10. gas prices!!!!

So how has the world changed since YOU have been in school?

9 comments:

Stacey said...

I was just thinking about this...feeling a little older, not gonna lie. And I do recall AIDS my senior year *86* and the fear that ripped through our community. I fear we're getting numb to it. xoxo

PS--when you gonna learn digi and get on my CT?

storyteller said...

Amazing how many things have changed in our world … and how many I forgot to include on MY list. If memory serves, just 5 of the 10 on my list are similar to yours. It’s at Small Reflections along with my Heads or Tails post. Making my list DID make me feel OLD today!
Hugs and blessings,

Teena in Toronto said...

It's crazy how much has changed!

I played too :)

D... said...

My world has changed pretty much the same way yours has. ;)

Ok, Where Was I? said...

What an interesting list. Yeah, the internet. I remember having email explained to me my freshman year in college. It was all the rage to sit in your dorm room and look at the list of other students who were online at the time and just send them an email.

Your comment cracked me up: good times, baby, good times.

Anonymous said...

I sure miss 1987 gas prices!

Kim said...

Since I graduated from school in 1985 our list could read the same. It's amazing how much things have changed in the world.

jennyonthespot said...

Dude - same for me. Except... I graduated from 8th grade in 1987... just thought you'd want to know that :)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Thanx for that, Jenny. :-P