Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Survived a Japanese Steakhouse

Today Navy Son left for Annapolis, so last night we took him out to dinner, our last family meal together for a while. He chose a new Japanese Steakhouse - one of those Hibachi places where they cook it all right at your table. Ya'll, it was REALLY COOL! Lots of slicing and dicing and flames and sizzling and tossing of knives around - quite a show! And the food was delicious. I wanted to take a picture of the chef doing his thing, but when I started to pull the camera out all three kids gave me The Look. You know the one. The Look that says, "Mom. You. Are. Embarrassing. Us." So yeah, just imagine how cool it was.

Ironically, as we were waiting for Navy Son to show up last night, we started watching Wipeout, a completely silly game show that looks like it's based on the antics of those crazy Japanese game shows. My first thought was that it was going to be totally stupid, but ya'll, I was cracking up! That show was hilarious! We recorded the show that came on right after it - I Survived a Japanese Game Show - thinking it would be just as funny. Yeah. Notsomuch. Oh well.

So we sent Navy Son off with hugs and well wishes - we know he's going to do great at the Naval Academy! After all, he's done great for the four years he's been in the Navy. This is just another adventure for him. Good luck, Navy Son! See you at Christmas!


7 comments:

D... said...

Ya'll would really love Ninja Warrior too. Wipeout is sorta based on it. The family loves both shows.

Navy Son will do awesome! No worries there.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

I just had a little heart attack moment when I saw that sentence: see you at christmas. Yikes, no, they don't really leave for that long. You're just kidding me, right? I'm keeping mine at home.

And that food in the previous post looks really good!

DD said...

Do great man! You're one handsome dude. :) and THANKS, thanks so much for keeping me and my family save. :)

Misty DawnS said...

What an absolutely fantastic photo of your AWESOME children. That photo is definitely a treasure!

Anonymous said...

I ♥ me some Japanese steakhouse. :)

I missed the Japanese Game Show, guess it's a good thing.

Good luck to your Navy Son!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

We love Wipeout...watched again last night. The Japanese Game show wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I'd rather just see people biff-ing it than see a reality show around it while people bang drums.

jennyonthespot said...

Oh, bless your heart - until Christmas! You are a treasure :) And so is Navy Son :)