Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn't seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you.
- Fifteen years ago I had been married for 7 months, and we were living in a nice apartment - me, Hubby, and Navy Son, who was just a little kid. In the years since then we have moved 5 times: from the apartment to a rent house when I got pregnant with Daughter; from the first rent house to a nicer one, where Little Son was born (well, actually he was born in the hospital, but we lived in that house); eventually we were able to buy our own house, so we moved again; as the kids grew, we outgrew that first home-of-our-own and bought a bigger one; eventually Navy Son grew up and moved out, and we weren't crazy about the neighborhood anyway, so we sold bigger house to move where we are now. When we moved in a year ago the deal was to rent for a year then buy the house from the owner. Now the owner wants to move back in, so we are facing yet another move - number SIX! Interesting note - every place that we have lived is within 10 miles of each other.
- I quit my job as an office manager for my ob/gyn (yes, my ob/gyn was also my boss) to become a stay-at-home mom, a decision that came with sacrifices, but one I will never, ever regret.
- I have given birth to my beautiful daughter, who is now 14 years old and getting ready to start high school this fall.
- I have given birth to my brilliant son, who is now 11 years old and getting ready to start junior high this fall.
(Suddenly I'm feeling kinda old......)
- In the past 15 years I have been to Disney World 7 times. I love Disney World. We'll be going back again soon.
- I taught dance for 5 years at the same dance studio I danced at growing up, and where Daughter was taking dance at the time. Now she has moved on to focus on drama, and my ankles have given out.
(Feeling old again.....)
- I have had a hysterectomy - another thing I don't regret. Even tho Hubby and I had decided years before that we were finished having children, and he had a vasectomy, the hysterectomy really made it final. That was kinda sad. But the periods? Don't miss 'em ONE BIT!
- I have loved, prayed, and nursed Bubba's Mom thru 2 more rounds of breast cancer (her first was when I was Daughter's age).
- I've watched Bubba grow from a teenager into a wonderful man - seen him graduate from high school, college with a bachelor's degree, and college with a master's degree; seen him marry a beautiful bride who I am proud to call my sister; seen him become a father. I'm so proud of him!
- Most importantly, I have grown so much in my faith over the last 15 years. While I have been a Christian all my life, the joys, the pains, the fears, the thrills have all strengthened my relationship with Christ. I'm still growing, but oh, how far I've come!
I think I'm supposed to tag other people now, but I'll just leave this one open to whomever wants to play. Just be sure to let me know in the comments so I can see what YOU'VE been up to the past 15 years!