Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good Golly, Miss Dolly

I am so sick of hearing about this stupid hurricane and it hasn't even made landfall yet! I swear, you'd think there was nothing else going on in the world, because Dolly is ALL the local media has talked about for two days now! Yes, I understand a hurricane is a serious thing. But it's not a big hurricane - only a Category 1 - and it's headed for Brownsville, which is WAY south of us! We will likely get some rain from the outer bands of the storm, but the way the news people are carrying on we should all board up our windows and hunker down! Puh-leez. The media creates a frenzy when it comes to hurricanes around here, and that is the exact reason why things like this happen:



P.S. No pox yet!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad there's no pox and only a small Dolly. :)

Happy Wednesday.

StaceyG said...

I hate the news...hate, hate, hate it! The overdo EVERYTHING (except the nice stuff, of course).

Glad you're shingle-free!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Post Katrina world, my dear. Even we are hearing about Dolly and we're in California!

cjm said...

Yea for no pox! And, jennie, the weather folks around here were like this even before Katrina. Hope you're doing ok in California (you know the entire state is on fire). :o)

Katie Lady said...

Yep, sick to death of it, too. The media makes everything worse.

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

I'm feeling for you. I am in Indiana and hearing all about Dolly world. I understand it can be serious but come on people.

Glad to hear, No Pox.

Angie said...

I was just saying the same thing to my mom. I am a 24 hour news junkie and Dolly is the only thing that's being talked about.

If I have to see the guy in the rain coat standing in 90 mile an hour wind one more time I'm going to pull my hair out.

jennyonthespot said...

How do you know when to freak out then? I think I would just freak and be stuck in that thar traffic jam. I'm a worrier. Are you not a worrier? Get outta there!

:)

Melissa said...

O the nightmares! They still come from that insanity!

D... said...

I agree Melissa! The nightmares hit me every so often. What I subjected my poor children to! For nothing!