Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Conspiracy

I believe there is some kind of conspiracy in this world to discontinue making the products I like. As sure as I find something I really love - whether it be a cleaning product or food or whatever - they stop making it. Some examples:
  • Glade Spin-Fresh toilet paper holders - a pleasant but subtle way to keep the bathroom smelling nice every time you use toilet paper
  • Alpha Bits cereal - and while I'm on the subject of cereal, can I just say that while I appreciate the effort to make cereals healthier (lower sugar, sodium, etc.), doing so has made some of the oldies-but-goodies not so goodie anymore. Super Golden Crisp should have stayed Sugar Crisp. I'm just sayin'.
  • Chicken by George - tender boneless chicken breasts that came in delicious flavors like Tomato Herb with Basil, Caribbean Grill, and Mesquite Barbecue; yes, they were over-packaged and a little over-priced, but they were great for a quick and easy meal!
  • Scotch Brite Rescue Pads - soap-filled sponges with a scrubber side and a sponge side; while Googling this, however, I discovered that they may still be available online, so it's apparently just my local stores that are in on The Conspiracy
  • Several Bath & Body Works products, including but not limited to the Stress Relief Bath Salts (the new ones aren't as good as the old ones) and White Tea and Ginger Bubble Bath (which also appears to be available online, but not in my local store)

So why does this happen to me? I can't be the only person who bought these products! Bubba's Mom has noticed the trend, too. She can't get her Revlon Moon Drops Moisture Cream anymore. What is this world coming to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Glade Wisp air fresheners. I went last week to buy the refills and they are no longer available. I was NOT HAPPY!! So, I had to change to another kind and they make the loudest most awful noise when they spray! :(

wendy bird said...

hey remember fruit tea? disappeared.

OH...and the pantyhose i like, gone. i understand low rise pantyhose prolly not everyone's cup of tea, but for a short girl it works out to be a normal length.

my favorite jeans...i don't even have to try them on! but alas, they have been pulled off shelves too.

I had to find a new mascara...the one i like discontinued. it is not cheap to keep trying these out at $8 each.

i SO hate this!

The Owners said...

I notice it too and it stinks. Two of the things that they stopped selling at Wally World are my roll-on deodorant and my moisturizer. Wicked bummer.

You know what else I miss, and this is going way back, I miss Keebler Magic Middles (cookies). Do you remember those? Yummy.