Monday, January 19, 2009

Proud Mama

Tomorrow is a big day in our country's history - the inauguration of our nation's first black president. Much hooplah and fanfare has already begun, and tomorrow it will be non-stop. While I was neither strongly for or against Obama, I am hopeful that he will be a good President. I plan to watch the festivities and ceremonies tomorrow - but I have another motive, as well.

Navy Son has the honor of marching in the Inaugural Parade with the United States Naval Academy! While I don't know that I'll be able to pick him out of the group on TV (they tend to all look alike), I'm sure gonna try! He will be a part of history - he can say he was THERE on this historic day. What an awesome experience for him! I can't wait to hear him tell about it.

If you watch the parade tomorrow, be sure to look for him! Maybe he'll wave and say, "Hi Mom!"

12 comments:

cjm said...

That just gives me chills. Literally. So exciting!

Katie Lady said...

I KNOW!!! I'm so excited for him!!!

Anonymous said...

Not to be creepy, but Navy Son is a hottie. Just sayin'.

Debbie said...

That is so exciting. I bet you can pick him out.

kris said...

way so exciting! hope you were able to see him!

Bubba's Mom said...

The boy never ceases to amaze!! It is an awesome experience and we are so proud of his getting to be a part of it.

Patois42 said...

I wonder if I saw him. You'll have to tell us where he was stationed.

D... said...

So exciting for him! I can't wait to hear all about it either! What an honor.

Forgetfulone said...

I know you must be so proud! I watched!

Anonymous said...

Hey mom, Its me.... Just made it back from the parade... 19 hours of inspections, security checkpoints (we had rifles, who bring rifles to checkpoints?) sitting on the bus and standing out in the cold. Nonetheless, it was an awesome experience. AWESOME!!!!! Love you!
~NAVYSON

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Anxious to read his thoughts on being there and being a part of it!

Editor in Chief said...

YES WE CAN!