Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Attack on My 4:12 Life

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and the attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

I am certain that the moment I made my commitment to live a 4:12 Life in 2009, Satan perked up his ears. Because that's what he does - everything he can to defeat Christ's church and to turn Christians away from God and back to sin. So when I decided to spend time in God's Word every day and to grow spiritually and be fully alive in Him, Satan got to work.

I have to admit, he's smart. Satan knows my weaknesses; he knows how to tempt me, how to make me discontent, and I don't even see it coming. But he's after me for sure. I'm feeling the attack. And I have to admit, at times I haven't been very strong against it. I feel every struggle and I get downhearted and discouraged.

But I continue to read God's Word, and as He promises, it is living and active, it is applicable to me, today. I've been reading in Exodus, and from the first few chapters I know that God is with me, even through the hard times, just as He was with the Israelites during their slavery and oppression. And while we do have a powerful enemy, that enemy is no match for God! God takes the worst circumstances and brings good from them. Most of the time this takes patience, something I struggle with. But good will come from bad circumstances. It happened over and over throughout the Bible, and it happens over and over today. And so I must draw my strength from that, and resist the devil. I must stand strong in my faith, and know that His grace is sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9). And I must stick with my commitment to live a 4:12 Life - for Satan will be defeated.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

You are so right! Satan knows me so well. But, we can be strong. Great post.

D... said...

Just keep that door firmly shut and remind yourself that this is just a season. Satan is a vile, nasty being. God had grand things in store for us. And God taking bad circumstances and bringing good from them has happened over & over in YOUR life as well. Satan will get the hint and God will prevail.

Patois42 said...

Glad you're working so hard on this. It's a joyful thing to watch.

StaceyG said...

You have the armor on! It's stronger than it feels sometimes.

Stacey said...

Oh BS you're so right, Satan knows our weaknesses. I love what you've written...living a 4:12 life! You have given me some things to consider today, just when I was thinking it was time to consider my life. Satan definitely knows our weaknesses and plays on them...and that is powerful. Love you..praying for you on this day, my friend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! Very well said. Yes, satan knows our weaknesses, but Jesus knows us better. Continue leaning on him, my friend. Hugs and prayers for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, the ride is just beginning! You CAN prevail, and you WILL. Why? You've god GOD on your side. What can be better than that?!

((hugs)) and prayers

Anonymous said...

Stay strong, my friend!

Tales From the Eurovan said...

Loved this post and you are right Satan comes after those who are doing great things for God's kingdom. But, like you said, "He will be defeated!" Stand strong!
Take care,
Julie

Forgetfulone said...

You have the strength to send him running the other way. Believe it. He does know our weaknesses, but does he know our strengths?

This was a great post.