Sunday, January 13, 2008

Live Simply


Back in November, Stacey blogged about these great T-shirts designed by a girl at her church - the meaning behind them is simple: Live simply so others can simply live. There are so many ways I can simplify my life in order to make someone else's life better. Stacey had the brilliant idea of sending one shirt around the country, blogger to blogger, and we would each sign the shirt on the back before sending it on. Of course, I immediately asked to be in the loop! And wonderful Stacey sent me the shirt. And I sat on it for 2 months before I did what I was supposed to do with it. I'm sorry, Stacey!! I could blame it on the holidays and stuff, but there's no real good excuse.

But now I have signed the shirt and sent it on to D..., who will send it on to GiGi! AND! To help the cause, I bought my very own "Live Simply" shirt and am wearing it out and about here in H-Town. Even wore it to church today, and to our small group meeting tonight. Already I have had fabulous conversations about it.

So thank you again, Stacey, for putting this message out there! Perhaps we can all add this one to our list of 2008 Resolutions. Live simply so others can simply live.

7 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Ain't you just the cutest thing in that t-shirt?!?! Awesome post ;-)

cjm said...

I like it!

Stacey said...

Yeah, BS, you're kinda the bomb in that shirt, my friend. Thank YOU for posting it and more importantly, for putting a great message out there for others. We're so spoiled, are we not? Even as I type this I've been thinking about things I 'need' today. Pshhh--I need to stop that! Thanks for the reminder. xoxoxo

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Right on! You look great living simply! Can't wait to get it from D...

D... said...

Jen, I'll get it in the mail this weekend. But, um, I'm not going to say "I promise", ok? ;)

You do look great, Bubba's Sis, just like you ALWAYS do!

Patois42 said...

What a fabulous idea. And you look divine, as the others have pointed out.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got my shirt in the mail last week - I will have to do something with it tomorrow! :)