Thursday, August 16, 2007

Frustration and Stupidity


That's what I'm feeling this week. Having no cable or Internet has really made me feel cut off from the world!!! How did I ever survive before I had it?!? So I can only check my e-mail and blogs and stuff at Bubba's Mom's house or - if I'm sneaky - Hubby's desk at work. And having only 2 channels to watch on the TV? Well that's just boring. Add to it that we had Tropical Storm Erin rains all day and my kids are climbing the walls.

Today during the torrential downpours I kept hearing a honking sound - like an alarm or something - coming from outside. Further investigation - and wading into the back corner of my back yard under a HUGE oleander bush - tracked the noise to the cable TV box in my yard. This has got to be bad. So I called The Cable Company - three different numbers - and finally got someone to come out and investigate this horrible honking noise. A couple of hours later - honking noise getting rather annoying now - Cable Guys show up. They slosh into my backyard in the pouring rain and tell me the source of the sound. A frog. Do I need to even say how stupid I felt???? So I batted my eyes at them and apologized profusely - then asked as long as they were here, could they just go ahead and turn on my cable?? We're not supposed to do that, ma'am. Oh pretty please (more eyelash batting)? OK. So they did it!!! I have no idea how to hook up the TV's and stuff inside but Hubby does, so - cross your fingers - tonight we may have our cable back working! If I can figure out how to get my Internet back, I'll feel connected once again! And I can do a Google search from my home on "HOW TO GET RID OF LOUD, HONKING FROGS". Oh, the shame.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny about the frog! I hope you're watching your cable tonight. :) **Fingers crossed for you.**

D... said...

Hee!!! I don't think you should feel stupid. You should thank that little froggie. If it weren't for him, you'd still be waiting!

cjm said...

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Thank the frog. Those guys never come quickly... And, hey, at least your moving day wasn't yesterday.

Stacey said...

B/S--I know how frustrating it is, once went two weeks without internet. So I won't bore you with my story, I'll condense it down for ya:

RIBBETTTTTTTTTTTTT

Kim said...

Glad that frog got you your cable. Ribbet, Ribbet, Ribbet! :)

So...you unpacked yet? I only say that because I'm still packing.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Sad to say, the cable is not working still. I guess we'll have to wait another week. SIGH.

Eddie said...

OMG that is soooooo funny! lol