Sunday, August 05, 2007

And the grand total is.......

$890! I would say my Big Fat Garage Sale was a fantabulistic success - not only did we make some money, but we got rid of a lot of JUNK! We still have a lot of junk, but none of it is big stuff we'll have to haul away. That is good, because we may be looking at a move here in the next month, and the less to move the better!

The Texas rains stayed away during my garage sale - for which I was thankful. It was damn hot, tho - hot and humid and not a breeze stirring. But I can't complain - the customers came and they bought stuff. The rain at least waited until afternoon!

Now to get what's left organized, packed up, and given away to someone who needs it more than I do.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Now that is a grand total! WOW! My last big garage sale brought in roughly $500 plus. I don't remember for sure. But it sure is nice to get that extra cash in your pocket.

WAY TO GO!

Stacey said...

Okay all y'all net way better than I do! I make about 2 to 3 hundred. Now I feel like a garage sale failure! Hey B/S can ya loan me a little something? It'd be a fantbulistic way to help out a friend, no? xoxo

Misty DawnS said...

WOW - that is like an amazing fantabulistic success!!! I'm with Stacey, I make 1-2 hundred! Congratulations!

Katie Lady said...

Wow! I wish we knew you'd be doing that a month ago, we got rid of a bunch of stuff to Salvation Army that YOU could have sold instead!

Eddie said...

Jiminy Cricket! And I thought I'd made a lot of money at my garage sale with $500!

cjm said...

Yes, wow! That's fantastic. That you even had a garage sale is envious. There's been garage sale junk in my garage for 7 months.

D... said...

Fantabulous!!

Stacey G said...

What a haul!!! The most we've ever made at a garage sale is $300.