Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ten Movies That Make Me Cry

Inspired by cjh, who was inspired by geek and 10 on Tuesday, here is my list of Ten Movies That Make Me Cry (this was not a stretch for me because almost ALL movies make me cry!):

1. Titanic - bawled and bawled when I saw this one! Seriously. Bawled.
2. Fried Green Tomatoes - ditto, and it was first movie I saw with Hubby!
3. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (cried when I read the book, cried when I saw the movie)
4. Hope Floats
5. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (yes, I know this was a comedy, but the end was sad!)
6. Forrest Gump
7. Big Fish
8. Parenthood
9. The Prince of Tides (my daughter's name comes from this book/movie)
10. Passion of the Christ (how could anyone NOT cry at this one?)

There are other classic tearjerker movies that I refuse to watch for that exact reason, like Stepmom or My Girl or The Notebook. I mean, why put myself thru that?

6 comments:

cjm said...

But I adore The Notebook! You have seen it at least once, right? So good. And he's so hot. And Hope Floats. Love it, too. My favorite part of that whole movie is the scene where they are slow dancing. Their embrace just kills me. I heart Harry Connick.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I heart Harry Connick, too.

Unknown said...

What about Field of Dreams when he plays catch with his dad?

Or Patton, when they rescue the 101st airborne in Bastone?

cjm said...

I do agree with Field of Dreams (but then again I love nearly all baseball movies).

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I almost put Field of Dreams on there. There are just SO MANY movies that make me cry! For this I narrowed it down to just ten....

Bubba's Mom said...

Then there's always Love Story. We had to sit very close to the front because the theater was packed, so I had to tilt my head up to see and the tears ran down my neck.