Friday, April 14, 2006

Safe and Sound

I talked to an OnStar lady today - not because I had a problem, but because I wanted to sign up for their free new service where your vehicle runs a diagnostic check every 30 days and e-mails you the results! Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, I think the whole OnStar system is pretty cool. I just push the blue button in my van and I can talk - hands free - to the OnStar representative. Their voice comes thru my stereo system and they can hear me thru a small microphone in the front of the van. It is definitely worth the monthly fee to have that security of knowing that if something happened to me while I was driving, help is just the push of a button away. Kind of like an Automotive Guardian Angel!

2 comments:

Editor in Chief said...

Cool, I didn't even know you had OnStar. Sounds neat. What if you're just bored and want someone to talk to cross-country?

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I don't think you can call just to chat....but you can purchase phone minutes to use to call someone else - via OnStar - just to chat! My van actually has its own telephone number! Pretty cool, huh?