- It's GREAT to see old friends - some of whom I have known since elementary school! I laughed a lot. And hugged a lot. And laughed a lot.
- We've all grown up. I don't just mean we've gotten older (which we have), but we've GROWN UP. We've evolved from shallow teenagers into doctors, lawyers, car salesmen, policemen, businessmen and women, teachers, parents, and more. No one cares if you're gay. No one cares if you're overweight. No one cares if you don't make as much money as they do, and no one cares if you invented Post-Its. We're all just.....grown-ups.
- For the most part, the women are aging better than the men. Or maybe we just hide it better.
- People that were assholes in high school aren't necessarily assholes anymore.
- I was not the only one who had insecurities about going. I was not the only one who was really glad I got over them and went anyway.
- I was surprised at the wide range of children's ages amongst us - we are all basically the same age, yet some of us have children in high school and college, some of us have toddlers, and one of us is even pregnant with her first! Also, some of us have been married for years, some just got married this year (or plan to), some have never married, and some have been married and are now divorced. Such different lives we all lead, and yet we all came together to celebrate our common high school years, and we had a great time doing it!
- I don't have to drink to have a good time. I don't have a problem with people who do drink (in moderation), but I've decided I'm just not a drinker anymore.
- I am also not a roller skater anymore. However I thought having our reunion at the skating rink was brilliant! Most of us grew up there!
- Time really does go by so. fast.
- I hope we're all around to do it again in 5 years.
How to Wake Up From The American Dream
1 hour ago