Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ten New Year's Resolutions

It's hard to believe a new year is nearly upon us - I'm not much for resolutions, but here's my offering for this week's Ten on Tuesday - Ten New Year's Resolutions:
  1. get our finances in order and stay on budget (hmm...this seems to be on my list EVERY YEAR)
  2. read more - I used to read a lot, but now I seem to spend more time on the computer and less time with a good book
  3. in relation to #2, read my Bible more; I need to spend more time in God's word
  4. worry less, which should be easy if I do #3
  5. get more exercise - ever since I stopped teaching dance I have become rather, um, sedentary; I need to get back into some kind of physical exercise, be it dancing again, walking, whatever
  6. travel someplace that I've never been
  7. take more pictures of our everyday lives and not just holidays and vacations

Only 2 weeks left in 2007! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it interesting how we take pictures of vacation and neglect our daily lives?

I know I remember the stuff that happens on "everyday" occasions more than "special" occasions.

My answers are here.

cjm said...

You're a bigger person than I...I'm skipping this week. Good resolutions. Good luck with them!

m.o.M. said...

Happy traveling! I hope that comes true for you!

http://knitnswim.typepad.com/diagonally_parked/2007/12/10-new-years-re.html

Anonymous said...

We have the same #2 and #3 and of course #5 as well. :D

Serena

Patois42 said...

I love your list. Sounds like you've almost got the ideal life. Good for you!

PJD said...

Apparently #8 is to finish a list of 10 resolutions... good luck with #6. Any idea where it'll be?

Unknown said...

I see you had problems coming up with 10 items too.

I hope you can keep them.Good luck!

Mine are here

Have a pleasant time preparing for christmas!

D... said...

Ahem, the 1st book you need to read is One for the Money.

Stacey said...

Girl, that should be my list--we could be resolution twins! (well okay, I didn't teach dance, I think I'd collapse after five seconds, but I am sedentary. VERY sedentary.)xo

Bubba's Mom said...

Bah, bah, bah! You're not gonna read more!!

Misty DawnS said...

This is a great list! I've got many resolutions on my list too - I just hope I actually make some of them come true.