Sunday, February 18, 2007

Movie Review


I don't go to the movies very much. It's not that I don't enjoy movies - I just don't usually enjoy the movie theater experience. The prices are too high, the people are annoying....I'd much rather watch from the comfort of my own couch. HOWEVER, I am occasionally persuaded to take in a movie on the big screen. This weekend it was Music and Lyrics, with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore.

I thought this was a great movie! Granted, it is a "chick flick" (altho Hubby enjoyed it, too - I caught him laughing several times!). But it was a good story, funny, and had great music. Anyone who remembers the 80's will get a kick out of how well the music of that time is portrayed. The video is hilarious, and I've been watching it on YouTube several times today! I definitely recommend this movie - and I think I'll even buy the soundtrack.

And now that Hubby has seen Music and Lyrics with me, he wants me to go see Ghost Rider with him. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too enjoyed the movie, despite its predictable nature.

Eddie (eddiespeakswhalish.blogspot.com)

cjm said...

I hear (via another blog) that you're home now. Welcome back!