So what have I been doing the past five months? Here's a brief summary:
- I've grown my business, and am happy to report that it is going extremely well. Much better than I ever anticipated, actually!
- I've enjoyed a summer of not having to drive kids around here and there - in fact, most of the time we had no routine at all, and that was nice. Now the kids are back in school and we have routine again, and that is nice.
- I've learned to knit.
- I've had the flu. Might have even been Swine Flu. Don't really know.
- I've reconnected with old friends on Facebook, and gotten to know new friends better - in fact, many of you I met right here on my blog! I love you all, and I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other! I've met some of you "in real life" and hope to meet more of you in the future!
- I've accepted the position of Treasurer of Daughter's High School Drama Booster Club, and gained confidence that I actually CAN do it and not screw it all up!
- I've discovered how much my dogs love going to the dog park, and how much I love taking them.
- I've watched Daughter learn to drive.
- I've watched Little Son grow to be not-so-little anymore.
- I've enjoyed a visit from Navy Son, and realized again how proud I am of him.
- I've toobed down the Guadalupe River, bumping my butt on rocks at times because the river is so low right now due to the drought we've been having all summer.
- I've enjoyed a weekend retreat with my BFF.
- I've sent Navy Son off to his sophomore year at the Naval Academy, Daughter to her sophomore year of high school, and Little Son to 7th grade. I feel old.
- I've celebrated as many of my friends have turned 40 - and prepared myself for that day in October that I will join them.
The summer is technically coming to an end next weekend (altho it will be summer weather here well into October). I've blogged before about how much I love this time of year - how it is so much like New Years to me. I'm looking forward to a new year of possibilities - to seeing Daughter's drama performances and Little Son's band performances, to going to high school football games and cheering for my alma mater (it's pretty cool to have your daughter go to the same high school you did!), to a fresh start in my Bible study group, to planning Disney trips for new clients, to counting the many blessings in my life each and every day.
I resolve in this "New Year" not to neglect my blog any longer. Even if no one reads it, it's a great way for me to get all those thoughts out of my head that bungle around in there so much. And believe me, there are a lot of them!
Stay tuned. I've got a lot to tell you about.