Sunday, August 06, 2006

100 Things

Apparently a cool thing to do on your blog is make a list of 100 Things about yourself (I first saw this on The Pig's blog, and have since seen it on a couple of others). Never wanting to be the one that's not with it, I pondered long and hard and finally came up with a list of 100. So, without further ado, here are 100 Things About Me:

**Note the date of this post and change any ages, etc. accordingly to when you are reading it.

1. I am a Christian.
2. I have 3 kids - my oldest is my husband's son who I adopted when we married.
3. I am terrified of elevators.
4. I love babies.
5. I can not have any more babies because I had a hysterectomy at 35.
6. I am 36 years old.
7. I have never weighed over 100 pounds (except when I was pregnant)
8. I am a good dancer; I love to tap dance.
9. I have a major sweet tooth.
10. I like Half -n- Half on my cereal.
11. I have one brother (Bubba) who is 7 years younger than I am.
12. I have excellent handwriting.
13. I can also type well.
14. My first car was an old, black AMC Hornet that we called The Roach.
15. I hate to cook.
16. My mother survived breast cancer TWICE.
17. I once won $800 in a bowling tournament.
18. I love baseball.
19. My youngest son gave up Little League Baseball at 8 years old so he could focus on playing golf.
20. Every home I have ever lived in is within 15 minutes of each other.
21. I love Disney World. I've been many times.
22. I rarely use pencils.
23. I am compulsive about calendars.
24. I love maps.
25. I'm afraid to fly.
26. I met my husband in a country/western club that, when I was little, was a movie theater that my Granddaddy built.
27. I cross my 7's and my Z's.
28. I love dogs - I have 2.
29. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love my children.
30. I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like margaritas.
31. I do like beer, and I like to peel the neck label; it marks it as "mine".
32. I'm paranoid I will get breast cancer.
33. Some people say I have obsessive/compulsive tendencies.
34. Roller coasters scare me, but I rode Rock 'n Roller Coaster at Disney MGM Studios 2 times.
35. I love John Denver.
36. I like to read, but rarely do anymore.
37. I'm into Sudoku right now.
38. I love a brand new box of 64 Crayons.
39. I've never had chicken pox.
40. I hate grocery shopping.
41. I love being a stay-at-home-mom!
42. I like baths, not showers.
43. My oldest son is in the Navy, currently stationed in Italy.
44. I'm a sucker for gift shops.
45. I hate to wear shoes, but I own a lot of them!
46. Wearing a bra isn't so great, either.
47. I love jammies.
48. I drink hot tea every morning.
49. Since my husband and I have been married we have owned 21 vehicles.
50. We have been married 14 years this year.
51. I love Elvis and I have been to Graceland. It was not hokey.
52. Two of my children are considered Gifted & Talented.
53. My husband could be a professional pool player.
54. I'm not too crazy about popcorn.
55. Ice cream, either - I could take it or leave it.
56. I am very organized.
57. I'm a night owl.
58. I hate mornings.
59. I hate hen parties.
60. I like to scrapbook my vacations.
61. When I see a baby be born on TV, I cry.
62. Crying makes me tired.
63. I like to eat out.
64. I wore white cowboy boots when I got married.
65. Swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman is one of the coolest things I've done.
66. I have ugly hands and feet.
67. I like funny movies.
68. I like to take naps.
69. I love to get mail.
70. I have very vivid dreams.
71. My house is decorated like a beach house.
72. My dream house would be on a beach somewhere.
73. I'm a pretty good photographer.
74. I like thunderstorms.
75. I wish I were an Aggie like Bubba.
76. I like to read the funny papers.
77. I think firemen are sexy.
78. I used to dance with a professional ballet company.
79. I am proud to be from Texas.
80. I can bait my own hook.
81. I don't care for cats.
82. Sometimes a good foot massage is better than sex.
83. I am named after my mother's sister.
84. My family and friends and I watch Miss America together every year and we all wear crowns.
85. I have a love/hate relationship with bathing suits.
86. I was on the drillteam in high school.
87. I graduated from high school in 1987.
88. Jewelry doesn't excite me.
89. I hate to iron.
90. The smell of Pond's cold cream makes me think of my grandmother.
91. I can't stand to smell cigarette smoke.
92. I can drive a stick shift.
93. I let my dogs sleep on the bed.
94. I like to go for a walk in the evening.
95. I sleep hugging a pillow.
96. People have always teased me because I'm skinny, but I've never teased anyone about being fat.
97. I know a few astronauts personally.
98. I wish I could sing well.
99. My in-laws are crazy.
100. I wish more people read my blog.

12 comments:

Bubba's Mom said...

Oddly enough, I knew all these things about you - except how many cars you & Hubby have had. But I knew it was a lot. I don't understand why you don't like popcorn.

angelq said...

I've been working on my list for the last week. I'm such a follower apparently.

24. me, too!
37. me, too!
38. never owned one of those...
65. Done that - with cjh!
75. That is so great!
81. You haven't met the right one.
86. me, too!
100. I do! It's so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I should do this myself....and you know you aren't the only person in the world who doesn't like margaritas or popcorn, I don't like them either. But, what's this about cats? I think Cleo is insulted. ;)

cjm said...

Ok, I sneakily read this yesterday when I should have been leaving to go to work (like away from the house). I didn't allow myself to comment then, though.

Ok, I counted. There are 28 things I could just cut and paste onto a list of my own. Is that cheating? Maybe we are Hillary/Chelsea. :o) I'll have to work on my own 100 things sometime soon.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I can't wait to read everyone's lists! I think it's a great way to get to know everyone, plus give yourself a little introspection when you are making your own list. I have already thought of a few more things, so I may do like Pigs and add to the list from time to time. Like 10 Things at a time, the way she does. Is that copying?

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

cjh -

Which 28?? :-)

I think you and I are a lot alike.

cjm said...

While there are some I can agree with, I maybe wouldn't include them in my own list. Ones I would include (but will try not to b/c I do think it's cheating): 9, 13, 18, 22, 24, 27, 33 (thus actually answering your question here), 37, 38, 40, 44, 45, 47, 56, 61, 65, 67, 68, 69, 73, 74, 79, 89, 91, 95, 96, 98, 100. Ok, I got 29 that time...

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You can include any of those on your list - after all, if it's true about you then it should go on The List! I don't consider it copying.

Now, let's eat a bunch of chocolate and then take a nap with our lovey-pillows!

nora said...

thank you for reading and commenting on my blog.

I will begin my list.

me too on 6, 9, 15, 27,31, 36, 40, & 42.
7. I wish I weighed that.
22. opposite, I love to write with mechanical pencils.

thanks again.

Editor in Chief said...

That's a lot of cars, yo.

No. 10 is just gross. GROSS!!!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

No it's not! It's yummy!

Zoooma said...

Hiya. I just wanted to say that your being a Texan with roots in Mississippi and Tennessee isn't necessarily why you like to go barefoot so much. I'm a New Englander who was raised near New York City, spend my summers on the Jersey shore... yet I like to go barefoot as much as possible. So it's not a southern thing, that's for sure.

See ya :)